Woodstock Invitational Luthier Showcase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by otterhound, Nov 14, 2015.

1. otterhound

otterhound New Member

My second year at this event was far better than the first .
    This is a tough market and trust is hard won , but some ice got broken this year .
    More luthiers are giving my wood serious consideration as well as buying it . I even sold a sycamore archtop set . I sure want to see that one and hope the luthier makes contact with me as I requested once the build begins .
    As a side note , one of the other tonewood vendors , Carl Barney and I were discussing my new headstock/tuning machine design and he immediately liked it once I did a drawing and he could visualize it .
    He immediately asked if he could use the design and even offered a royalty which I am seriously considering accepting .
    Carl builds wonderful archtops and I certainly am flattered by the offer .
    He and others kept asking why I did not bring an example to show .
    The reason is very plain . Baker only wants professional luthiers displaying instruments at this show and it is his show .
    Next year , I will be asking Baker for an exemption based on it being a truly new design in luthery and I will have an acoustic example to display . At this time , I only have one example/prototype and it is an electric and that one is left handed to boot . This , after all , is an acoustic instrument only show and I will respect that .
    All in all , a good event for the Otterhound name this year and hoping that next year will be even better yet .
    Maybe I will see some of you next year . Please stop by and say hello .