Did some more drilling yesterday since it's so relaxing and fun thing to do. Always funny to notice that it would had been easier to do some things before others... like making a wire channel between the pickup cavities before gluing the top and the fretboard. But hey, if it's not made the hard way, it's not rewarding at all. This was the spot where I could drill through with a good angle. Some preparations before the start. Maybe overkill, maybe not, but I didn't want the drill bit to bite my top or fretboard. Then some drilling and poking with a small bent steel bar, some cleaning with a small chisel, and the wire channel was ready. Just the volume and switch for this one. Marked the positions and prepared for another long bit hole. Drilled the pilot holes for the controls and decided to redrill the hole from the pickup cavity to control cavity with a larger bit (6mm -> 8mm). Then flipped the guitar over and planed it to the final thickness (down maybe a millimeter or two), removing the drilling tear outs in the process. Eyeballing the belly cut with a reference from my el cheapo crappo Stratoclone. Some rasping. This swamp ash is really easy to work with after maple and wenge. Belly cut was done in a moment. And then I started to round the edges, but was interrupted and didn't get much done. More tomorrow, I guess.