All right, I've just started my second build (Original thread @ MLP) couple of weeks ago and Jonny suggested that I'd put up a thread of that here also, so here goes. This is my second build and like the first one, I'm building it in an apartment and trying to keep the noise down - so hand tools only. I'm also studying at the moment and our family is having all kinds of extra expenses, so my resources are from time to time quite limited. This one will go to a good friend of mine, who's paying all the woods and parts. (And some tools. ) Our deal is that I get materials to practice building and he gets a guitar that is built to his specifications by a beginner. Here's the plan. The guitar he uses at gigs is this ESP LTD. He'd like to have similar axe with some minor modifications, for example he'd like to have a non-tremolo bridge, set-in neck, different carve, 2 volumes & 1 tone and so on. The horns are bit sharper, but the overall shape is traced from that guitar. (This is just a draft, the lines are bit shaky and distorted in this one.) Specs: Body - Khaya with quilted maple top Neck - Khaya, rosewood fingerboard with 24 frets (9½" radius) Scale - 25½" Wood will be stained dark red, hardware will be black and inlays will be black MOP. Here's the blanks, still untouched. Close-up of the top blanks. Happened so far... The blanks were all a bit too thick so I had to resaw them a bit. First one I resawed with Ryoba saw. Really slow, really frustrating, really stupid. Suits me. For the next blank I made a frame saw, I read somewhere that it would be a fine tool for resawing... and it was. The second blank took only half the time the first one did. The I set up a shooting board and planed the edges of the blanks. And glued them. Quite happy with the seam. Then I started to resaw the top blanks. The maple seems to be a little tougher opponent than khaya, disaster struck in the early stages of the fight. So back to this... And since the Ryoba's blade is so flexible, I didn't feel confident at all and had to make something to guide the blade. Allrighty, then. That's what I've done so far... The maple is really giving me hard time, it somehow feels like it's not progressing at all. When I take a break and continue later it feels like the cut has closed up a little. Maybe I should leave it alone for a week and see if it regenerates completely.