Guitar building Music

Discussion in 'Guitar Building' started by NTGuitars, May 29, 2015.

1. NTGuitars

NTGuitars New Member

I'm curious to what everyone else listens to while they are building in their workshops. For me it varies depending on what I'm doing.

Loud machines running - heavy metal "lamb of god, metallica, pantera...."

hand planing, staining, chisel work - edm "electronic dance music" or alternative "alice in chains, pearl jam..."

final assembly - classical or orchestral rock "holst, yngwie malmsteen, angel vivaldi"

This is just a few of examples. let's see what everybody else listens to. This should be fun. :D

2. 1Radicalron

1Radicalron New Member

I like to listen to Guitar Innovators.
    From Hendrix to Holdsworth, Frisell to Fripp, Its all good.

3. DRF

DRF Member

John Denver...just kidding :rofl:I listen to nothing, I like peace and quiet and my hyper testosterone fueled days left me like 25yrs ago lol. When I did have a radio I used to listen to Coast to Coast AM as I usually work really late at night/morning, the odd time I did listen to music it was a classic rock station, talk about ghost in the machine, small town, middle of nowhere in the middle of the night I felt like Omega man listening to April Wine or some other obscure 70's bands from a distant dead era.

4. piman

piman Active Member

Isn't there already a thread like this? Whatever, I like to play some stoner metal when I am building. The Sword, Sleep, Electric Wizard to name a few. I could also probably jam to some Mac Demarco. He makes excellent background music.

5. NTGuitars

NTGuitars New Member

There may already be a thread like this, but I'm new to this forum, and I didn't go through the archives of dead threads yet. :D

6. HEADKNOCKER

HEADKNOCKER Active Member

I must be getting old..
    When I'm woodworking in my garage or repairing guitars in the dungeon I usually listen to the radio, 70/80s music mostly, Ozzy, Nugent, KISS, Eagles, REO, Zepplin, Hendrix, Heart, SRV, Journey & the list goes on & on.. Forigner too..HaHa..

Not going out to the woodshop today, Frying a chicken now & then down to sand on the Gibson some more..

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  7. poro78

poro78 Well-Known Member

8. poro78

poro78 Well-Known Member

I've been listening to hard rock and metal since I was 3.
    It all started with Iron Maiden, Kiss, AC/DC, W.A.S.P. etc... and got worse.
    My workmates used to call the crap I listen nowadays "squirrel butchering/sacrificing music". :naughty:

9. Duplex Dave

Duplex Dave Active Member

Radio: Baseball broadcast, NPR or stations that don't play rap, R&B, dance, or pop music

10. TKOjams

TKOjams Well-Known Member

I'm usually recording video for by You Tube page so there's no music playing.

11. Fret Hopper

Fret Hopper Member

Pandora radio. Stations set for Danny Gatton, CCR, Eric Johnson, Rolling Stones, Little Feat, Ronnie Montrose, Fortunate Sons. My mood sets the tone for what I listen to.

From the ozone...

Mark