Good evening from Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Drake Guitarworks, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Drake Guitarworks

Drake Guitarworks New Member

Greetings everyone...

I was pleased to see this new luthery forum and knew I had to join. I've been playing acoustic and electric guitars for 31 years, and working on them or building them for 25 years. I've perfomed every type of service, setup, repair or mod short of neck re-sets. I am also a certified Galloup-trained fret tech. I have also built guitars, but most of them were solidbody electrics from parts and nothing too adventurous. I have recently started to fabricate my own bodies from scratch and spray my own finishes, but it's a slow work in progress and I still have to fix flaws from time to time. Work, school and wife & kids leaves little free time and funds for me to be more productive. My shop is fairly well-equipped but incomplete - I still need to acquire some key pieces of equipment. In the meantime, I have to improvise or borrow something from a relative. Fortunately, I do know a sawyer not too far from where we live that supplies me with nice stock at a great price. I'll be seeking guidance and answers on this forum to be sure.

Brad Drake

skeels, Barnaby and Murkar like this.
  2. jkes01

jkes01 Active Member

Welcome Brad :wave:

Looking forward to some build threads.

-John

3. TKOjams

TKOjams Well-Known Member

welcome aboard!

4. skeels

skeels New Member

Hi Brad! Glad to see another Wisconsinite here!