Build #1 Completed!

Discussion in 'Guitar Building' started by bmac6502, Jun 21, 2016.

1. bmac6502

bmac6502 Member

2. Dave Locher

Dave Locher Member

That is your first build?? Nice - different enough to be interesting but not enough to be weird. Good one!

3. bmac6502

bmac6502 Member

Well technically I've built two guitars in parallel. One was "practice" and the other was the guitar I originally desired to have for myself. I did every step of the process first to the "practice" guitar, and then to this one. At the end, the two guitars finished fabrication within two weeks of each other. From a fabrication perspective, this is actually guitar #2.

However, after fabrication, I decided I didn't want to wait for this guitar until I developed a good finishing technique. During test assembly, I discovered that this guitar plays and sounds FANTASTIC. Also, my current main axe is in need of major surgery (needs new fretboard) and I need to try to avoid playing it until I can set it right again. Those factors lead to my impatience with getting this guitar ready to play.

So this guitar was sent off to Pat Wilkins for finishing, while I continue to practice finishing in preparation for attempting to finish the "practice" guitar myself. So while this guitar was technically fabricated second, it is the first guitar to be fully completed, owing to the assistance of a professional in spraying it.