Anyone Know What These Tools Are / Are For?

Discussion in 'Restoration & Repair' started by Edward, Dec 9, 2016.

  1. Edward

    Edward New Member

    Dec 9, 2016
    Likes Received:
    Hi all;

    this is my first post - I have pulled out some tools I got a long time ago when I tried my hand working on my acoustic guitar (a '65 Gibson Country and Western), but I ended up paying a pro and it's in great shape now -

    does anyone know what these tools are and what they are used for? When I first posted I couldn't figure out how to upload an image - got that worked out so you don't have to click a link to see the picture. I feel stupid, but I really cannot remember what these tools are used for. I searched the StewMac website too, and they don't seem to have these tools either.

    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  2. Duplex Dave

    Duplex Dave Active Member

    May 28, 2013
    Likes Received:
    Those tools are specifically used for removing the bridge plate from inside an acoustic guitar. You heat the the one with the trapezoid plate and place it inside the guitar to loosen the glue on the bridge plate. The other curved chisels are used to gently and gingerly extract the plate after the glue has softened, but in the wrong hands they can cause irreversible damage to the top.
    igorgilnei and fumblefinger like this.

Share This Page