Where's the traffic?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Knarbens, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Jay Jillard

Jay Jillard New Member

i basically only post here/ look here when I can't figure something out, or when I figure something cool out that other luthiers might want to know.

other than that, nobody here is buying guitars from me, and it's relatively low traffic.. so my focus for the small amount of 'advertising' time i've allotted per week is focused elsewhere.

I'll be posting here soon though about a documentary i'm doing!

2. Sinster

Sinster New Member

I glance through these forums once and a while, but not much a contributor as I'm not a Luthier.

3. HEADKNOCKER

HEADKNOCKER Active Member

Hey Sinster..
    Still got the neck Plate from the Jackson you sent me..
    Haven't gotten around YET to putting the pile of skulls together..
    [​IMG]

4. JSH

JSH New Member

I come around mostly if I have question as to a specific process, by actually using the search function; which doesn't seem get used a lot at other boards like MLP of MF, there by saving the need for relentless re-posting of the same old crap, Ad Nauseam.

Plus There seems to be a significant lack of shenanigans, Flaming, and generally bad business practices here, unlike some of the other sites.:yesway:

All I will say on the subject is, Caveat Emptor kids, not everyone is the upstanding soul you would like to think, do your research, you might be surprised.:squint:

5. Sinster

Sinster New Member

It will be worth once you assembly it :metal:

HEADKNOCKER likes this.
  6. Purelojik

Purelojik New Member

Hey guys! I still check this forum a bunch every now and then but i've all but stopped posting. I miss building but i finally got into a residency in chicago and its taking up pretty much all my time. my free time is spend with my personal guitar actually learning songs for a change which is emmensly theraputic.

I met up with Kyle earlier last month when i moved in and it was an awesome time. This past week i believe he visited renk and i saw pic of them and their beautiful wood. giggidy.

Anyways I wish i could contribute more to this forum, but life def got in the way for now. I'll be back though. thats for damn sure.

Renkenstein likes this.
  7. Renkenstein

Renkenstein Well-Known Member

Kyle did visit me and spent a couple hours in my shop. Delightful family. He brought me a vurry nice piece of claro that I shall save for a personal build. No matter how many people I meet in this field, I'm constantly amazed by the quality of character of everyone.

Purelojik likes this.
  8. pshupe

pshupe Member

I come here, when I get banned over at MLP! LOL ;-)

I have noticed the low traffic. Are there people here that are not at MLP and vise versa? I'm assuming it is run by the same people, so why split communities??

Cheers Peter.

9. KnightroExpress

KnightroExpress Active Member

I saw that you got banned... that thread has turned into a circus, it's getting more out of hand every day.

10. pshupe

pshupe Member

I think the idea behind that thread was a good one, and I believe it helped with people getting their money back, which is great. It started to devolve into name calling, insulting and IMHO somewhat unprofessional thread that had little or no tolerance for other opinions, which is also fine. Having said that it is extremely difficult to ascertain one's intention from the written word in these forums. There were a couple posts that I was trying to be helpful, and then snipits were pulled and I became the culprit, or arrogant. When I re-read them I could see how they could have been taken that way. Once painted with that brush it seems to become a label for any comment a poster makes from that point on.

Hopefully it doesn't taint the whole forum, and possibly this one. I'm sure it won't. I know, I for one, will refrain from posting anything that may slightly deviate from, or be controversial in future. I hope a post in this thread isn't going too far, actually. I genuinely enjoy these forums and most of the people that frequent them.

Regards Peter