Where's the traffic?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Knarbens, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Knarbens

Knarbens Well-Known Member

Is this place deserted? Other forums have more people, traffic, views, comments, whatever ... People seem to leave this place?

Aaron, Adam, Purelojik, Renk, and many others stopped posting.

What's up?

2. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

I haven't really been posting anywhere, even my own Facebook. I still check this site daily and comment occasionally, just been holding back a bit. Alex (Purelojik) just moved to Chicago so he won't be able to build much for a while.

JSH likes this.
  3. poro78

poro78 Well-Known Member

Same here, keeping it low, just haven't had anything meaningful to say lately.
    Family matters / health issues, grandfather's funeral and all kind of crap pouring down at the same time this summer, so no time or proper mindset to do anything useful.
    Just trying to be only mildly depressed and avoid spreading the bad vibes around. :rolleyes:

JSH likes this.
  4. skeels

skeels New Member

I've had a lot of crud going on as well keeping me from being as buildy as I would like.

Adam, I see you chiseled your hand on Facebook.

Knarb, I've seen you post a little on SSO- that awesome headless 7!

Poro- sorry to hear man. Your hand building is what I come here most for. I love to watch your old fashioned ways. It pleases my inner caveman. :)

5. SimonB15

SimonB15 Active Member

I've got a few projects on the go, but they're all at finish sanding stage, which isn't very interested to post updates of. I've been sitting at this stage as I haven't gotten around to building a new spray booth, because I'm a lazy, lazy man.

6. HEADKNOCKER

HEADKNOCKER Active Member

Hey I Try...

I Got a couple 7 foot 4x4s of mahogany that are painted with lead based paint.. FREE

7. cloudy

cloudy New Member

Im about to have a lot of projects starting up so expect some more posts from me at least!

8. KnightroExpress

KnightroExpress Active Member

I just moved and started a bunch of college courses, so money is tight and I haven't been able to buy the tools I had planned on. I do still post when I make some meager progress here and there!

9. HEADKNOCKER

I love poro78s hand builds too!!
    Mostly because that's the kinda tools I have a plenty, Not that I don't have a tablesaw, router, drill. But lack a lot of the basics but if done by hand I've got it covered..

There's many threads @ MyLesPaulForum & most of the builders here came over from there but not all..

I can't get motivated to start sanding again & my outdoor shop has been so hot that I haven't spent much time out there other than to put away some tools & get my sons scooter & bicycle fixed..
    We have so many guitars that having a couple in the works seems unimportant & lack of funds doesn't help anything either..
    I finished my router table up but still need a few new bits..
    Thanks again to TKOjams for the polycarbonate sheets & the financial advisors will be sending you payment in short order.. Thanks!!

10. Knarbens

Knarbens Well-Known Member

BTW: I have to admit that I don't post much either! I would if I could of course ...

11. bruce bennett

bruce bennett Active Member

may 20th I and my bro in law, launched a new idea that has taken off and so I've been too busy to have much time to look around in any of the forums.

Plus after all the total B*** S*** that went down over at the MLP forum..
    I just don't see why I should bother much with forums at all anymore ..

too much risk, wastes too much time, and returns nothing for any of it.

I'm gonna be more like Roman Rist from now on... and only make a yearly appearance

12. Renkenstein

Renkenstein Well-Known Member

I haven't been posting not for lack of interest, but because I'm SUPER flippin' busy! I sold 2 builds and I've been working on those daily.

One build is a swamp ash flying/king V mashup that is for my bandmate, and I did a cost deal on that since he'll be my first "endorsee". Our band Moire will have Renk Guitars on both stage right and stage left now, so it's worth writing off some labor.

I've also got a 6 string Siren about halfway through the build process and the deadline. That guitar is going up to NE Canada.

I kinda switched over to SSO for a while and now Facebook for the majority of my posts. I also have a website to update on the regular, so my forum activity is really tapering off. If anyone doesn't have me on Facebook, add me here:
    Personal Facebook
    Renk Guitars Official Facebook

Last but not least, there's also my official website:
    Renk Guitars

I'm always posting stuff, it's just the matter of where. Facebook groups and now imbedded comments are REALLY starting to flow better, and along with messenger there's immediate communication.

Sorry to blast promotion...I just want everyone to be able to get in touch if so desired. Miss you guys!

13. HEADKNOCKER

I must have missed something?? I don't know what BS you're talking about?

14. bruce bennett

bruce bennett Active Member

There are Too many threads to list..

but they are all half truths and outright lies spun out of control by a pitchforks and torches mob mentality.

and everyone's been paid back in full.

15. HEADKNOCKER

Bruce you have some of the finest looking guitars I've ever seen & I thought I'd just tell you that.. I know It doesn't mean squat but that a compliment to you Sir!!
    I try an learn as I post & ask questions etc..

I guess I'll have to look thru some of the threads @ MLPF & see what your talking about..
    Rock On Fellas & Keep on Building as doing anything with your hands is good for the soul.

Found the threads!! Some folks don't even deserve to be given the time of day..
    I can't believe the hatred..
    Show Love to the Luthier who builds the fine killer guitars!!
    Don't try an ruin his reputation with a bunch of BS!!
    As I said Kick the Modern Sideways up their @$$
    I wonder what that felt Like?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  16. Murkar

Murkar Well-Known Member

o/ am still here :) I read many of the threads but rarely post as I no longer have a workshop in which to build my handplanes.

17. poro78

poro78 Well-Known Member

:wave:
    I've loaded my batteries and things are getting back to "normal" little by little.
    I'll be doing something in my workshop soon, I promise. :)

HEADKNOCKER likes this.
  18. BWGuitars

BWGuitars New Member

Pretty much entirely this. FB groups/messenger have killed off a lot of appeal for forums for me. The flow of posting pics, commenting, and keeping in touch with people is just unparalleled by BBS systems.

Renkenstein likes this.
  19. Duplex Dave

Duplex Dave Active Member

What's BBS systems?
    Anyhow, shoot some pics of you work every now and again for an update. You're making some really nice instruments! (unlike myself who has a full shop and is stuck doing home remodeling....)

20. KnightroExpress

KnightroExpress Active Member

BBS (Bulletin Board System) is the framework for forums like these.