Where Can I Get 4-ply W/b/w/b Pickguard Plastic Sheet From ?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Electronics & Parts' started by JTM45, Oct 2, 2019.

1. JTM45

JTM45 New Member

Hi.
    I'm in the planning stages of building a '58 Korina Flying V replica and also a late '70s Flying V replica. I have sourced some nice Korina for the '58 V and some nice Mahogany for the late '70s V.
    I own a '79 Gibson V myself so that helps a LOT and while it and a '58 are very different guitars they share something in common (apart from the basic shape of course!) and that's that the pickguards, the jack surround on the '58 and the Truss Rod cover on the '70s are all made from the same 2mm (approx. .08'') thick, 4-ply plastic sheet which i'm having trouble sourcing.
    I'm in the UK and i found someone in the US with 4-ply Parchment/Black/Parchment/Black sheets which would work fine colour-wise but a full sheet is only 9.5" x 23.5" which is barely enough to cut a single '70s V pickguard from and it's around $75, and that's before paying the UK import tax.

Does anyone know of a better source for the 4-ply plastic sheets ?

There is a couple places in Germany that sell the '58 pickguards in the correct 4-ply material but they want a fortune for them and they obviously aren't keen to share their sources.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Much thanks!
    Dave,
    Wales, UK