Website

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by otterhound, Sep 14, 2014.

1. otterhound

otterhound New Member

I think that I just opened my first website .
    Much needs to be done with transferring data from my old Mac , so pics and other things will be coming .
    I can't find it by using Google right now , but there is a link to it on Facebook at Richard Eyman .
    Onward through the fog .
    otterhoundguitarsandtonewoods.com if you care to look .

tone57 likes this.
  2. The Baint

The Baint New Member

Hey Otterhound, I am a web developer in need of some wood for my first project. Let me know if you need any advice/help on the website front. I am new here but have seen some of your wood posts and seen other member threads start with deliveries from you, so I am looking forward to seeing your site grow.

3. otterhound

otterhound New Member

Welcome The Baint .
    I am planning on giving this a go by myself until I find that I am lost . With my computer skills , this may happen all too quickly , but I must try .
    What are you looking for in wood , I may have something here to suit your needs .
    Thanks for the offer , I will keep it on hold for now .

4. The Baint

The Baint New Member

This is a medium scale 5 string bass build and I have been planning on a light ash body with wenge neck. No idea on the fretboard yet. I had just started to consider some sort of back or top because I could not find ash locally thick or light enough for a body blank.

This is my first build so I think keeping it simple and not ruining any holy grail specimens might be appropriate.

Feel free to hit me up if you have questions on the web front, but kudos for persevering on your own.

5. otterhound

otterhound New Member

Odd that we are both attempting firsts that are so diverse and connected at the same time .

6. tone57

tone57 Member

Cool Otterhound!
    a couple suggestions

1. name your Home Page something Like Otterhound's Tonewoods Home
    google likes that much better and it makes you easier to find in my favorites
    2. Make an email that ends in @otterhoundguitarsandtonewoods.com
    you can forward it to your windstream account if you want
    Just a good thing. like not wearing stripes and plaids.

Looking forward to getting with you to acquire some of that Hard, Soft, Flamed, Ambrosia with some quilt thrown in sometime soon,

All the best
    T