Test Amp... Cheap And Great.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mistermikev, Jan 9, 2018.

1. mistermikev

mistermikev Member

so a while back i responded to a thread regarding good amp for testing pickups... I do more testing of pedal builds than anything else but found that my fender mini just wasn't clear enough to really here problems unless they were obvious and I'd get all the way to boxing things up and find I needed to unbox and troubleshoot. So I built a little practice amp based on a popular schematic online. Turned out pretty good. The amp runs on 8 AA batteries and I've left it on overnight at least 3 times (on accident) and still works great. You'd be surprised how loud this buggar is. anywho, my version incorporated a bunch of mods but the circuit itself is really quite simple. Only a couple of bucks in parts, an $8 wallmart keepsake box, a $30 jensen speaker... all told I probably spent less than $40 on this. Just thought I'd share and perhaps someone else will be inspired to do something similar.
    [​IMG]
    not sure if these pics come through via one drive... guess we'll see...
    [​IMG]

2. mistermikev

mistermikev Member

[​IMG] i guess only the media library works... well that's a bust. what image host do you use?

3. mistermikev

mistermikev Member