Shoutout to GluBoost

Discussion in 'Glues, Fillers & Painting' started by Sully, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

First off, this is NOT a paid endorsement and I have no relationship with the manufacturer whatsoever - I just bought their products and that's it. (that said, if they're looking for people to sponsor.... :wave: )

As mentioned in a thread about CA viscosity, I bought a bottle of MasterCoat, MasterGlu, and GluBoost; they had a promo on the site where if you bought the glues, you get the GluBoost free, so I gave it a whirl.

We all use CA glues for a lot of stuff. We also use CA accelerators. I've found that some accelerators can cause the glue to get white and crusty, cloudy, can leave behind pits, etc. GluBoost does none of that stuff; it just makes the CA dry quickly (as an accelerator does), and the glue remains clear. Works like a charm - even if you use other CA glues besides theirs.

The MasterCoat is a medium viscosity CA glue that they market for dings, fills, and such, while the MasterGlu is a water thin CA. Both work really nicely, but was I was most impressed with was how nicely the MasterCoat scrapes. It's excellent stuff. There's more info about use and whatnot at their site.

Overall, very impressed with their products and plan to be a continued customer. Check 'em out.

Sully

MikeP likes this.
  2. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

Is the MasterCoat similar in viscosity to Loctite gel, or thinner? (It's hard to tell how viscous these CA companies mean when they say "medium"....)

3. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

Never used Loctite gel, so I don't know. It's a little on the thicker side of medium (based on the CA glues I've used in the past).

Sully

4. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

I've got some GluBoost at my day job, my boss brought it back from NAMM. Really good stuff, love the aerosol can, much simpler than a normal pump sprayer. Also like that I can easily control how much comes out, that's really why GluBoost works so well. I've dumped it on there and it acts like any other retarder, makes the glue white, but a controlled spray makes it dry clear.

5. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

I can see that Mastercoat has replied in the forum, but can't see the post. Dealer issue?

6. poro78

poro78 Well-Known Member

Mastercoat's profile says "Banned"...

7. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

oops!

8. RickRose

RickRose New Member

Not sure why it says it was banned. Sorry for any confusion.

Fill n' Finish is the new name for MasterCoat as we found that many guys were loving the product for Pore Filling as well as Finishing and Drop Filling Ding Repairs.

good point about Viscosity. Since there is no standard for viscosity, each manufacturer has a different viscosity for Thin, Medium, Thick, and Gel. Our Fill n' Finish product is a true Medium and not thick like a Gel. We have this viscosity so you can layer the product and get the most reliable results from it.

An interesting video is here on pore filling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z6q7ncm-hU

Others here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gluboost

Hope this helps.

Sully likes this.
  9. frankencat

frankencat New Member

I bought a bunch of Glueboost products to try in my shop recently. It's a good product but a too expensive IMO. There are other CA products that work very well and are less expensive in my experience.