Shopmade Rosette Cutting Jig

Discussion in 'Plans, Designs & Software' started by Murkar, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Murkar

Murkar Well-Known Member

Here are some plans for a shopmade rosette cutting jig :) I haven't made one yet, so the kinks are not all worked out of the design yet, but it should give a general idea. I made one similar to this and it works brilliantly (though considerably uglier than this).

http://newmanguitars.ucoz.com/RosetteCutterBlueprints.pdf

I've got a bunch of guitar blueprints hanging around as well - I can't host them all but does anyone want some of them posted here? (I keep an archive of PDF blueprints that I find so I must have more than 50 sets of full-scale blueprint in PDF format). I have a set for Les Paul (several actually), strats, dreadnaughts, OMs, Jumbos...etc.

w666, KMW, Clsatt and 2 others like this.
  2. BWGuitars

BWGuitars New Member

This is getting saved in my ever growing file on acoustic stuff (that will be implemented in an estimated 5-10 years at this rate).

By all means, post all the public domain stuff that you have! I love drawings, even if they never get used :)

3. bgetraer

bgetraer New Member

i guess there is no 'thanks' button, but Thanks!!

I too (although i am just a beginner) like collecting all sorts of plans, jig ideas, designs etc in the public domain for inspiration as much as reference or practical use.

simple design, looks like it would work very nicely! if ever build an acoutic (which i hpe to someday) i shall be digging this out again.

benjy getaer

4. KMW

KMW New Member

Thanks Murkar, I may have a crack at making that at some stage.

It would be great if you could upload some of the other plans you mentioned.

I'm on the lookout for a SJ200 type plan as the days of me spending 3k+ on a guitar are not on the horizon for a fair while if ever at the moment.

Got a couple of links that maybe of interest to you ref plans I'll pop in a separate thread.

5. Murkar

Murkar Well-Known Member

I have a set up Jumbo blueprints here somewhere - I'll see if I can upload them somewhere, the files are quite large if I remember and there are 3-4 drawings in 1:1 scale :)

EDIT: Here you are :) They are for a Jumbo but not specifically an SJ200.

KMW posted a link to a German site in his thread, you can find these same plans in the link on that thread.

http://newmanguitars.ucoz.com/JUMBO-CARLOS-1-3.pdf

http://newmanguitars.ucoz.com/JUMBO-CARLOS-2-3.pdf

http://newmanguitars.ucoz.com/JUMBO-CARLOS-3-3.pdf

6. KMW

KMW New Member

Thanks for pointing those out. Seem I did already have them downloaded but didn't realize. Think I downloaded everything I came across that day so no wonder I forgot :)

7. gborelli

gborelli Active Member

I just tried to open the pdf for this and it is coming up with page not found. could I please impose on you to re-post the pdf?

Thanks,

Gary

8. emoney

emoney New Member

Yeah, what Gary said....

9. jcsimons

jcsimons New Member

yeah, what emoney said

10. Murkar

Murkar Well-Known Member

That's strange - no idea why the link is dead. I'll look into it. I think I still have the .PDF file somewhere if I can't fix the link.

11. Murkar

Murkar Well-Known Member

Found it! Here is a working link to the .PDF file.

http://newmaninstruments.com/RosetteCutterBlueprints.pdf

It's a super basic design really - two end bolsters, one with a handle and the other with a pin. An adjustable blade holder slides along the two steel rods that are connected to the end bolsters. One end bolster is removable via set screws so that the blade holder can be taken off. Having made one for myself (which I've since disposed of because I want to make a really decent one), I'd also use small thumbscrews for the screws that hold the blade holder in place along the rods.

12. gborelli

gborelli Active Member

Thank you for all the effort to find this again. It is really appreciated.

Gary

Murkar likes this.