Ridgid Spindle/Edge Sander?

Discussion in 'Guitar Building' started by larryguitar, Aug 9, 2013.

1. SimonB15

SimonB15 Active Member

Nor Australia :(

2. telebomb

telebomb New Member

Hey Larry , I purchased one of these at a local box store , plugged it in , went got some lunch , came back and hit the start button , and got nothing more than a hum. took it back.:ohno:

3. Michael_P

Michael_P Member

but hey, it's a Ridgid with a lifetime warranty! (that takes around 6 months to get back, which is why I don't buy Ridgid products, seriously)

I've also heard both raves and rants about this product...typical of most things made today (China I'm sure) it's a crap shoot to get anything that is actually put together with acceptable tolerances that would allow it to operate properly for a long time before breaking.

Don't even get me going on the totally junk bearings used in most everything these days.

4. pshupe

pshupe Member

Mine works very well. I use it quite a bit. Mainly for taking guitar parts down close to the template. I even use it for fret ends. Makes quick work of sanding the fret ends almost flush with the board.

Cheers Peter.

5. Fred

Fred New Member

I've been using one for over two years now with no problems. If it goes down tomorrow I'll get another to take it's place. I use it to thickness head stocks, shape head stocks, make templates , final outside body shapes and rough shaping of necks. It's the best $200.00 I've ever spent.