Rickenbacker Neck Height

Discussion in 'Plans, Designs & Software' started by Dimitri, May 30, 2019.

1. Dimitri

Dimitri New Member

hello everyone,
    I'm new on this forum :)
    I'm trying to build a Rickenbacker-like guitar, not a clone, but with similar style/specs.
    What I've not yet figured out is the needed height for A and B, or A+B only:

[​IMG]

The neck will no be tilted, so it runs parallel to the body. And I'm going to use the same pickup and bridge that Rickenbacker uses, so I guess the needed strings height will be the same.
    Also does anyone know the headstock angle? I think I will use 17° like Gibson, but I think Rickenbacker used a smaller angle. And how thick is the headstock?

thank you everyone, and sorry for my english!

2. george richard scarlett

george richard scarlett New Member

I have cloned 4 thus far, and have copied their height (Fingerboard radius center), A+B, of 1.750 (1 3/4"). With this height you may have to utilize a 2-grommet height at Pup corners, but its always better to have to "Raise" Pup height, than have to "Rout" them deeper. As Robbie O'Brien, of O'Brien Guitars says: "The technical term for that is-BAD", Ha!

3. george richard scarlett

PS: I begin with a board thickness of .3125, (5/16"), and "Whittle" down to an "A" height of around .250, (1/4"), which depends on whatever Radius you decide on. The IMPORTANT Dim. is the .750 height at center of your radius. Hope this helps? Gb

4. george richard scarlett

2nd PS: It's always a good idea to have "Pup-in hand" to ensure you end up correctly. Yeah, I know, (very well) a Toaster goes for $150.00 ea., on up! OWwwwwwwwwwwwww!