Reclaimed Old Stock Wood Build " The Nightcaster"

Discussion in 'Guitar Building' started by HEADKNOCKER, May 21, 2016.

1. HEADKNOCKER

HEADKNOCKER Active Member

Well some of you may have seen @ MyLesPaul Forum that I started a build that first is made of several woods that I have found while driving around on garbage morning, So far 100% reclaimed wood @ Zero Cost..
    My Body came from a 100 year old nuns desk = Limba/Korina..
    The Top was a ancient cedar chest & the necks wood will be from a 100+ year old rift sawn 4x4 of what I think is some mahogany but lighter in color? It came from the sanctuary of St Anthony's church..
    I don't have a bandsaw or sanding machine but do have a jigsaw/sabre saw x2 & a 10" craftsman's table saw & a chop saw, homemade router table & which I also made a jigsaw insert for & am thinking about trying a modified sawzall blade in to cut the neck shape out from..
    Most work has been done with hand tools except for when a power tool became easier, sorry Poro.. :dude:
    So far the body looks OK? But needs lots of sanding around the edges = wish I had a spindle sander :hmm:
    The basic idea came from what I thought would be a Gibson Nighthawk/Blueshawk body shape that's 1 3/4" thick with a bolt on neck & have yet to find the piece of maple I need for the fingerboard..
    Of course all the electronics & hardware etc will have to be bought by the owner my youngest son David..
    Here's some pictures of how it's going so far..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    MDF template from on old table top
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bottom of old cedar chest = Guitar Top
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tearout :mad:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cutting the neck out has been put off till now..
    That's next on the plate..
    My son now says he wants three P-90s with triple shots & a three toggle switch setup for the pickup selectors unsure of the volume tone setups Yet??