Neck Issue? Or Im Just Paranoid?

Discussion in 'Restoration & Repair' started by Whisper, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Whisper

Whisper New Member

Is this a real problem with guitar neck? I have guitar for almost 1 year but i dont feel this until yesterday. I dont know if it is a real problem or is just in my head, what do you think?

https://imgur.com/a/Yoa0JVU

2. Duplex Dave

Duplex Dave Active Member

Not an issue, just a glue line or seam.

3. Whisper

Whisper New Member

When I rub over my finger I can feel it is like a very small and fine "ditch", do you think that is normal and i dont need to worry about even if i can feel it a bit?

4. GuitarBuilder

GuitarBuilder Member

You could try a tiny amount of filler.

5. bruce bennett

bruce bennett Active Member

unless the joint is actually "moving" then any "problem" is all in your head.
    it looks like that was a place where some tearout happened before the block was glued up. then during neck caving they hit that spot showing the little "ditch".
    you could fill it with a little thickened super glue and then sand and polish to match surrounding surface..

but to me, in that photo, that surface looks unfinished and poorly sanded. So i would hit it with some 220 and keep going to 320 then do a nice finish on it. likely that little "ditch" will disappear