My Search For Knowledge And Experience

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Etienne Silvestre, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Etienne Silvestre

Etienne Silvestre New Member

Hi everyone. I'm posting to you today because I recently finished building my first two steel string acoustic guitars, which turned out much better than I could have hoped thanks to much help and support from some very kind luthiers, but I still have much to learn. So this is why today I have come to ask if anyone here, or if you know of any luthiers, who would be willing to take me on and teach me what you have learned over the years. So far I have only built two steel string guitars and 3 ukuleles but I would be more than happy to learn how to build other acoustic guitar types as I believe that the knowledge of many things makes for a better understanding of each independent component. I am currently in France (I'm fluent in both French and English), though I am willing to travel anywhere in the world to learn and I certainly don't wish to be paid, the knowledge you can share with me would be payment enough. If you are willing to teach and share with me your techniques and understanding of acoustic guitar making, or if you want to ask me any questions then please either send me a private message or email me at etienne_silvestre@hotmail.co.uk .

And here is a link to my Facebook page if you wish to see the acoustics that I have built to get an idea of what I'm capable of: https://www.facebook.com/positivevibrationsacoustics

2. EvilAsh

EvilAsh New Member

You look like you're doing just fine on your own, those two acoustics on your Facebook page are beautiful!

Etienne Silvestre likes this.
  3. Duplex Dave

Duplex Dave Active Member

I agree 100%. I know some luthiers who should probably come and train with you! :p
    Just keep going, you can read, watch, listen all you want but there is no way to train experience.

Etienne Silvestre likes this.
  4. Etienne Silvestre

Etienne Silvestre New Member

Thanks guys, it's really motivating seeing your messages. Yes I know, persistence is the answer and experience comes with time so we will see where it takes me!