Lp Coil Tap Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware, Electronics & Parts' started by Aaron V, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Aaron V

Aaron V New Member

About a month ago a customer brought me in his les paul custom with 4 spring assisted push pots. The main pot(with the circuit board attached) was bad. Hes been waiting for a month now, because gibsons customer service sucks, and wouldnt send me the pot. Today it finally came in, I installed the new harness today exactly as it was with the old one, 3 of the pots work properly, but the one with the board acts as a kill switch instead of a coil tap. If anyone can help, please do, I feel so bad for having this person waiting so long.

2. mistermikev

mistermikev Member

i would suspect that the new push pull is thrown the opposite of old ones... but just a guess. really not going to get far without pics on something like that... and a lot of em with a complicated wiring.

3. Aaron V

Aaron V New Member

Tur
    Turns out gibson sent a bad part(shocker). The board was messed up. Luckily the customer was really understanding, and held no grudge against my store. He ended up returning the LP and went with a prs custom 22, which, IMO was a better choice anyway