Looking For Rosewood

Discussion in 'Wood' started by Shane Bratton, May 22, 2017.

1. Shane Bratton

Shane Bratton New Member

I'm sure some of you private stash of rosewood electric guitar neck blanks. I'm look for a piece of rich chocolate brown quarter sawn rosewood that's large enough for a stratocaster build.

I had resigned myself to paying the borderline sexual assault price that the fender custom shop quoted for a strat with an east indian rosewood neck, until I saw that they were selling strats with a solid brazilian rosewood neck for less than I was quoted.

Anyway, I'm willing to pay a good deal for the right board. also wiilling to but a completed neck, built to spec. if that greases the wheels. let know what you have. Also, leads you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

2. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

3. Shane Bratton

Shane Bratton New Member

I have looked into them, but they won't guarantee color, and due to my big hands I prefer having the profile custom fit. also they won't take the time to reprogram the cnc to give me a 2 and 54/1000 (at the 12 fret) fretboard taper. that little extra width makes a massive difference.