Info Needed On Type/size Of Tension Bar Wrench For Ovation Cs257, Please . . .

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jeffrey, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Jeffrey

Jeffrey New Member

From owner of guitar: I would appreciate knowledge shared on what type and size tension-bar wrench is used for this model guitar, circa unknown. The local hardware store might have a match if I learn size/type.

Retailers as well as Ovation (at least, in my search) do not carry parts nor this basic accessory. Nothing on Amazon nor eBay presently noted for this guitar.

I've learned that different guitars use trust-bar wrenches either of a regular type of hex head or having a ball-like end on a hex head--I don't want to strip the trust rod with wrong type/size. (I cannot see mine as it is adjusted from inside body.)

Gratefully appreciated of time read, Jeff.

2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey New Member

Of personal update: First, I was of oversight about Ovation service. I did another website search, and did find their contact page that was easily placed in viewing. The customer service agent was most helpful. She provided part # for ordering through retailer.

Thanks to those who reviewed post . . . the wrench (used through rear access panel) is longer than what is used through a typical sound-hole. Only owned Ovation short time, so my first adjustment made on neck. Even though she mentioned (without my asking) a hardware store option of hex head in size (thoughtful of her), I'd rather go with manufacturer's accessory for obtaining best adjusting angle on these guitars--might be tricky lacking experience.

Not of profession, but appreciate those who service what brings joy to others--good to know your there when needed (on forum and in field).

Again, thanks, Jeff.