Hi Guys - Introduction & some build pics-->

Discussion in 'Guitar Building' started by Zeegler, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Designs only have to be something like 10% different for companies to not have a claim. Zeeglers guitar is at least 10% different from your BC Rich mishmash (I'd say it's a lot more than 10%, but that doesn't matter). Don't forget, Gibson lost against PRS, companies lose those battles all the time. People pile up BC Rich features on guitars all the time, yours isn't special, or IMO even well executed, what with that awful Beast upper horn section. Zeeglers is though.

Zeegler likes this.
  2. Zeegler

Zeegler Active Member

Showed my true colors? I didn't sign up for a forum with the sole intention of slandering someone else with zero substantiation. I am simply defending myself against someone with an axe to grind. Pun intended. As I've said I could easily accuse you of stealing my design, but as Adam has pointed out, and as was in fact already discussed early on in this thread, my design is simply a mishmash of Mockingbird, Warlock, etc. As such, I wouldn't have the audacity to accuse someone of stealing MY design. Having said that, I did spend a long time perfecting it, and I AM proud of how it turned out. So yes, if I seem a little irritated, that's what happens when someone makes it their personal mission to shit on someone's creative endeavor.

Now as for you motives, I can't even begin to guess. You don't build guitars do you? Are you likely to lose income because of this? No. Didn't think so.

And one last general comment: although pointy guitars aren't everybody's cup of tea, I already have two people asking me to build them what I now call the Valkyrie. My original bolt on prototype has been finished for a while now and is just waiting for hardware. My second Valkyrie is awaiting finish. Here's a pic from a couple months ago before the control cavity was routed. The third is already spoken for and it's going to be very similar to the second one.

[​IMG]

3. Zeegler

Zeegler Active Member

Thanks Adam.

4. Rokkaholik

Rokkaholik New Member

Yes, I do make royalties off every Samurai Neal builds since it's my design and I have a notorized contract with him. And yes, you "could" try and accuse me of stealing your design, but as you could see in the pictures, my original is dated 1989 and you claimed yours is 13 years old. Do the math. And yes, I did sign up to defend my design. As you can see, I am about 2 years late, but thanks to Google, I found this place googling my own guitar. Weird.....

Wouldn't you be slightly upset if you saw something so close to something you designed and that person claimed it was their own whether it was a coincidence or intentional?

Lastly, I am almost 6'3" and 245lbs... My Samurai was designed to fit me. It was also designed in mind to be adapted to a bass without having to modify the bridge/ass end like they did on the Warlocks and Ironbirds as I thought it ruined the shapes

5. Rokkaholik

Rokkaholik New Member

Oh.... And a quick note

I will admit I like your take/version as well and it's nicely done. It should fit more average sized/height people than mine which was made slightly larger for me and my height/size. Oddly enough, the original one I made in 1990 was 4 inches longer in the tail. I shortened it when I sent the cut out to Neal.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  6. cloudy

cloudy New Member

Seriously man? :scratch:

Zeegler and Adam like this.
  7. GreaseBox

GreaseBox New Member

First off, nice work!

Second, pointy guitars are the BEESKNEES!

Third, this thread / debate brings up the ever interesting thoughts and views on originality. I always feel that no matter what I design completely on my own, that it has already been done by someone somewhere. Body shape, headstock design, songwriting... It's all been done, or something very close. I guess it is something that I accept and I don't get bent about it. Now if I had a protected design that I was making money off of, like say Gibson and their LP, and people were actually trying to replicate it and put my name on something I didn't build, well that is another story, but not really what we are talking about here. Anyway some interesting points here.... (see what I did there?)

CatonGuitars and Zeegler like this.