Hello, Everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tarphaestus, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Tarphaestus

Tarphaestus New Member

I've never posted in one of these introduction threads before, so i thought i would give it a whirl.

Name's Travis, I live in saskatchewan, and i always wanted to play guitar when i was young but never had the willpower. Now i'm more mature and have the willpower to learn it, bought a PRS SE Custom 24 and fell in love with the instrument. However i'm also enough of a realist to know i'm unlikely to make a difference with my guitar playing, so I started to develop a desire for building guitars with the idea that if i can put instruments in other people's hands, i can make a difference that way.

Anyways, i've never done a scratch build before and am currently in the process of refurbishing an old dingwall strat that was sitting in my basement as sort of a learning experience. After i acquire necessary tools and the strat's finished, i'll embark on my first scratch build journey and hopefully have the time to post about it here.

Seems like a nice community you have here and i'm excited to be involved!