Harbor Freight Tools

Discussion in 'Plans, Designs & Software' started by Purelojik, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

Bought six of the F clamps for 2.99 each based on this. Thanks for the tip, as well as the suggestion to avoid the quick clamps. Noted.

2. Renkenstein

Renkenstein Well-Known Member

Anytime, bud! A note for the F clamps...they will seem like they aren't tightening all the way, and I think that's a feature, not a flaw. The F clamps will crank down to the point where the shaft bows, but then the handle will seem to spin once the max pressure is exerted. I've glued a few body blanks with these, and I've always had excellent results.

3. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

I've been using those 6" F clamps since I first started building, so all of my builds have been done with them. I also have 6 of the 24" jobs for gluing body blanks together.

I recently bought a few of these 8" deep throat (giggity) C clamps for when I glue wider things together (like tops and body blanks), in order to help persuade the centers to stay aligned.

Like so:

[​IMG]

Sully and Renkenstein like this.
  4. Renkenstein

Renkenstein Well-Known Member

It's comforting to know that I can expect that kind of life out of a $5 clamp. Harbor Freight is a lot like shopping at Aldi. It's great if you know exactly what to buy and what not to buy.

DementedWoodworker and Sully like this.
  5. Whisky Jack

Whisky Jack New Member

Pawn shops! That is how I "tool up", on a budget. Who cares if a tool has been used a little, when it is in good shape, and a quality name brand? Just need a good eye. And some knowledge of what you're buying.