Guitar problem PLEASE help

Discussion in 'Guitar Building' started by spookydude81, Nov 10, 2014.

1. spookydude81

spookydude81 New Member

I have a guitar that i started to build and I have needed to change plans but there is a problem in my way. The change I decided is to put a top wood on the guitar because it is to thin. The top and back have been carved so I need to make the top flat to laminate. Some of the problems is the neck has already been glued (neck through) so it is in the way and the back is not flat like I said earlier. I can not run it through a planer because it would screw up the neck and it cant sit flat. I have been also wanting to chamber it and make it a semi hollow. I am at a loss for what to do so if anybody has any ideas let me know how you think I can fix my problem. please keep in mind this is the first guitar I've tried to build and I really don't want to have to scrap it. I would love to finish it and be like :dude: when I string up my guitar.

Thank you for your help.

2. tnt423

tnt423 Member

So route the top flat, remove the fretboard, veneer the top, route weight relief from the back and glue a thick plate on the back to add depth.
    A lot of work but that should solve the problems.