*** Guitar Plans (Blueprints) ***

Discussion in 'Plans, Designs & Software' started by TKOjams, Jul 19, 2013.

1. TKOjams

TKOjams Well-Known Member

If you need it, I can email it to you

2. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

I feel like I should create an archive web site for these. I mean, I have the unlimited hosting space..

3. Gamble

Gamble New Member

PM sent.

Thanks bud.

TKOjams likes this.
  4. TKOjams

email sent, happy to help.

5. Axeman270

Axeman270 Member

quick question on the fender strat body. Just wanted to double check that the circles with the horizontal line gong through them down at the bridge is for the screws and not to indicate string spacing. I may end up using a different trem, but it wouldn't be able to go that far up.

6. TKOjams

I believe those are the 6 screw holes for the vintage style tremolo.

7. Axeman270

Axeman270 Member

nearly finished with a blueprint for guitar #2, been drawing in pickups and the bridge, knobs, switches etc to spec. Began wondering if it wouldn't be useful to save some sort of collaborative emachineshop file for posting here with all of the components as others may want to use the same parts and it would save some time in the design process to have the stuff premade.

Also, I've seen a lot of posts online suggesting putting the bridge pickup at the 48th fret and the neck at the 24th. Some posts claim it is not necessary as the scale changes as soon as you fret, but it seems to be traditional and close to standard on non 24 fret guitars. However, I'm trying to place the single coil in a HSH design (no pickguard) and am noticing it is usually either centered between the neck and bridge or slightly toward the bridge, but not quite to the point of the 36th fret. Was wondering if anyone has a good link to the history of how it was placed as it doesn't seem to follow the standard logic from what I've read. Google didn't give me any clearer of a picture on this.

here's where I'm presently at, still working out the shape, based off the perfect 10 and some of the moser variations on it, two versions slightly altered. After turning it on it's side "m thinking the lower bout looks pretty high. Also trying to decide with a rosewood headstock vs matching the body. The pieces in the middle are what I'm wondering about sharing.

[​IMG]
    also thinking of adding a kickstand that folds down from the non control side.

EDIT, just noted I put this in the wrong thread, meant to go in the plans - how I make them thread. thinking that is a better fit

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  8. Murkar

Murkar Well-Known Member

I have been gone for a while; just an FYI that my blueprint archive was offline for a bit (I let my hosting expire in my negligence), should be working again now.

9. Duplex Dave

Duplex Dave Active Member

Glad to see you back!

Anyone hear of some Gibson Nick Lucas plans out there?

10. Murkar

Murkar Well-Known Member

Sorry Dave; none in my archive, even in the stuff I'm not supposed to share. Is it a totally different body shape than other models?

11. Duplex Dave

Duplex Dave Active Member

Pretty sure the shape is unique to the model. The body is really deep as well, I'll probably trace this one. Thanks for looking though!

Attached Files:

12. dshockey

dshockey New Member

Hi. I need to do a fabrication project to complete my degree in welding technologies. I chose to make a flying v out of stainless steel. I need to see some plans with dimensions so I can make an autocad drawing and feed the #'s into our laser cutter. Of course it's not going to be a functioning guitar, more a work of art. Class restarts Dec.1 and I'll have 10 weeks to finish. The link for the flying v in the plans/blueprints section seems not to be working. Please email me the plans. Thank you

13. newdude

newdude New Member

Definitely, im thinking of making one.

TKOjams likes this.
  14. Paulsar

Paulsar New Member

TKOjams and everyone, I just searched for "Free guitar plans" on the big G and this thread comes up 5th on the list of results.

Thanks for all the links and your efforts in collecting and sharing them!

Bookmarked!! :)

Paul

TKOjams likes this.
  15. omega beta zeta

omega beta zeta New Member

I am a year 11 student and as a part of my individual studies for music I am interested in making a Gibson Hummingbird, I have only found the pick-guard which is better then what I have found anywhere else on the internet. I am just wandering do you have any designs to make a Gibson Hummingbird? You see I will only have one semester to make this guitar and do all the necessary research so it would mean a lot to me if you could get back to me ASAP. Thanks :dude:

16. TKOjams

Everything I have is posted here, sorry.

17. musicjeffers50

musicjeffers50 New Member

Thanks for these. I'm doing a setup on a 1968 B60 Maton Bindara Acoustic Bass, a rare and beautiful beast, but I'm a little shy of sanding the bridge because I haven't seen many violin style carved compensated bridges and don't want to risk stuffing this one up until I can find a plan for a similar bridge if I fail. If anyone has any ideas I'd be appreciative. The guitar I'm working on can be viewed at matonmuseum.com, then type in B60 as the model in the search box.

18. VictOr358

VictOr358 Member

I've never seen a blueprint for Pensa Suhr Standard available online, neither free nor for cash.

So, I'm tracing and drawing it by myself right now. I can make a PDF. Anyone interested?
    Must admit, it'll have some deviations.

19. nmssis

nmssis New Member

Just joined today...and thanks for sharing the info.

Now, i'm trying to get my ducks lined up n gathering parts n such. So where should i go to look for lumbers?

if you could point me the right way, i'd greatly appreciate it!

20. poro78

poro78 Well-Known Member

I think it might help if we knew where you're from...