Grizzly Industrial sale going on...

Discussion in 'Guitar Building' started by Drake Guitarworks, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Drake Guitarworks

Drake Guitarworks New Member

2. SimonB15

SimonB15 Active Member

I didn't even know Grizzly sold luthier supplies. Some of that is crazy cheap... Am I right to be a little suspicious?

3. aeleus

aeleus Active Member

Grizzly is a reputable company. The owner or CEO is luthier from what I understand. They've sold lutherie supplies for a while. They just never advertised it that much.

4. jkes01

jkes01 Active Member

5. pshupe

pshupe Member

One thing of note. Grizzly sometimes sends you an e-mail saying you must confirm your order by phone before they send it out. I was burned, almost, at Christmas time last year. I placed an order and didn't check on it until the week before Xmas when they said, oh yeah, you were supposed to call and confirm your order, even though I purchased online and got a receipt and everything. Just beware of any e-mails they send you. Read them carefully.

When I called I did place the order assuming I wouldn't have the items but they must have sent them super speedy post because I got them in a couple of days. The things I ordered were very nice and a very good price. No complaints whatsoever. I have been looking at their big jointers. I'd love to get my hands on a 12" helical jointer / plaer combo.

Cheers Peter.

6. Zeegler

Zeegler Active Member

Hmmph. They don't ship to Canada, so they can go to hell.

On their website support section, it says they do, but when I actually tried to order something, I got a message saying they do not ship outside the US.

EDIT: Okay, so they do ship outside the US, but they don't accept Paypal payments from non US addresses. That's dumb.

7. pshupe

pshupe Member

Yep they ship to Canada. I'm in Hamilton, Ontario. There are quite a few companies that do not accept Paypal from non-US addresses, unfortunately. They do take Visa and M/C though. Is there a problem paying that way?

Some people don't like giving out card information online, but you could call them and give it over the phone too.

They do have great prices and have very unique items, so your other choices are limited.

Cheers Peter.

8. fumblefinger

fumblefinger Member

Pickup rings for less than a buck? That's worth buying just to have on hand for later.

9. Duplex Dave

Duplex Dave Active Member

I have not purchased any guitar parts from them, but their machines are pretty good. Made in Taiwan seems to be a solid grade above made in China.

10. MountainCraft

MountainCraft New Member

I've bought a lot of stuff from Grizzly.. Great company...
    Their catalog is the adult version of the Sears Christmas catalog from when I was a kid.. ;)

They also sell gunsmithing stuff too... Bullets.com is a division of Grizzly Industrial..