Elysian Guitars - The Thread.

Discussion in 'Guitar Building' started by Adam, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Thanks :yesway: I was making my multiscale bridges back then, the baseplate and pins are brass, which I could easily CNC machine. It got pricey having to send them out for chrome plating, so I doubt I'll ever make them again.

2. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Finished this one up last night. This one has a set of my modern winds in it, mahogany body, roasted maple fretboard, black binding on the neck, maple/bubinga 3 piece neck, a Hipshot Contour tremolo, and CTS pots, Switchcraft jack, and Schaller strap buttons. Sorry for the low lighting awful looking picture, it was quite late last night, I'll have better pictures later today or tomorrow. Still have so much work to cram into the next two days, finishing up sets of pickups for the Dallas International Guitar Festival. If anyone is going to that, stop by and see me at booth 113.

EliteCustomGuitars likes this.
  3. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

All set up at the Dallas International Guitar Festival!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sharing the booth with Reichardt Guitars, his stuff is really high quality, incredible really. if you're coming to the show stop by, booth 113.

4. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Alright, got some great pictures of the two available builds. The black one is $2099 shipped, the brown one is $2499 shipped. Both are 25.5" scale, jumbo nickel frets, Hipshot tuners, Hipshot bridges, mahogany bodies, maple/bubinga 3 piece necks, bone nuts. The brown one has a roasted maple fretboard w/ black binding and my modern wind pickups, featuring Alnico V slugs and ceramic bar magnets underneath. The black one has an ebony fretboard, vintage wind pickups with an Alnico V bar magnet underneath. Both feature CTS pots and Switchcraft jacks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Last night, I finished up the first set for Strandberg 8 string multiscale guitars. This set is going to Dave Dunsire, who is currently touring with The Fine Constant, and will replace the EMG's he currently has. This is the highest DC resistance pickup I've made yet, largely due to the bridge bobbins being so much longer than normal 8 string bobbins.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bridge:
    21.5kohm, ceramic bar magnet, alnico IV magnets on the south bobbin, alnico V magnets on the north bobbin
    Neck:
    15.6kohm, alnico V magnets all around.

Magnet heights are radiused to match the theoretical radius across the strings, so Dave can put them as close to the strings as necessary, and not have a drop in volume/tone. Tops are bookmatched curly baked maple.