Cnc For Guitars.

Discussion in 'Plans, Designs & Software' started by Antonio Cunha Junior, Feb 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Antonio Cunha Junior

Antonio Cunha Junior New Member

Good morning people are a pleasure to be part of this forum,

My name is Antonio Junior, I live in Brazil, State of Santa Catarina, I bought a CNC 3 axes for guitar and necks, but I'm still new to the area. I developed a guitar model all telecaster neck thru manually, from this idea I checked the possibility of using a machine to develop my projects, that's when we bought the CNC, at this point would you like the help of the forum friends for information on developed projects? how to create projects? What are the right tools for the process? projects in 2d in cad?
    I use Artcam to generate the Gcode.
    Below is the guitar model I made.
    Thanks in advance for your colleagues.
    Thank you.
    upload_2018-2-8_10-21-2.jpeg

2. aeleus

aeleus Active Member

After trying a bunch of different software tools, I use Fusion 360 for modeling, rendering and CAM (it simulates cuts and produces G code). It is serious, professional software, but it can be acquired at no cost for hobbyists and educators - at least that was the case a couple of years ago.

3. modernrelic

modernrelic New Member

I just started using Fusion 360 as well. Add me to the long list of people about to attempt a Ric-inspired build. And my first build, too! :)