Buffing Machine Creativity

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Blue Belly Guitars, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Blue Belly Guitars

Blue Belly Guitars New Member

Buffing machine is my next upgrade. I've looked at the Stewmac unit & just can't throw down that kinda money on what's there. I have an old 1 phase motor that I can rig up & have figured out my pulley diameters. I thought I'd leave it to our Ingenius bunch to throw out some ideas. I have a lot of them floating around but maybe you've built something better? I'd like to see what you've come up with. ?

2. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

DIY: buffing machine

Here's a pretty good setup for not much scratch. I'd personally go with a more powerful motor but that's my only gripe with his setup. I'm going to build one when I move into a house.

Check that guy's other threads if you get a chance too, he's done a lot of awesome DIY threads. Maybe I'll shoot him a PM and let him know about this place.

3. Blue Belly Guitars

Blue Belly Guitars New Member

THat's pretty close to what I had in mind. Not sure I'd want to use one of those Delta motors, I have a few... I also want something a little more permanent but, good to see it all works & the basic idea is there.

4. Vince Michael Guitars

Vince Michael Guitars New Member

nice cheap setup!