Bare with me guys !

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sg lou, Apr 24, 2013.

1. sg lou

sg lou Active Member

I have plenty of build pics to upload but it's taking a lot of time....let me explain.
    I'm still in the stone age here at home when it comes to computers.
    Ya ready for this? Pentium 4 chip, I gig memory..
    Can you say SLOOOOOOW ?
    Yeah I know,,,buy an new computer. Easier said than done when your living with a tight wad Polock ! "There's nothing wrong with this computer" she says, yet she complains when web pages take FOREVER to load.
    So I'm just waiting for the day when she'll say it's time. Than I can say
    I TOLD YOU SO AGES AGO !

I use to do all of my uploading and post's when I'd work the night shift as we got up to date computers and it never was a problem. Than about a year ago
    the I.T. Dept decided it was in the best interest of the company to add ALL File and Photo sharing web sites to it's WebSense Internet Blocking program.
    So, while at work I can't access my Photobucket account.

It will take some time but i'll get there !

2. jkes01

jkes01 Active Member

Lou, I feel your pain. I was able to finally convince my wife that the computer I built 10 years ago had finally had it. I spent less than $600 and built a pretty nice PC with parts from Newegg. Quad core, 8GB RAM, SSD HD, the works. Let me tell you, what a difference it makes.

As for uploading from your work, can you access gmail? If so, setup a public site just for pics, this is how I post all my pics. PM me if you need any assistance.

-John

3. Jim Engen

Jim Engen New Member

My kids took over our computer. I do everything from my Android phone now. That's why all my pictures suck. But now i can sit in my recliner and post.:yesway:

Jenious likes this.
  4. ElRay

ElRay New Member

Wow, this is a different forum, no naked luthier (bare vs. bear) comments yet. :lol:

Ray

5. sg lou

sg lou Active Member

yet............:rofl:

6. sg lou

sg lou Active Member

The gmail thing sounds like a great idea but....most of the guys use Photobucket on a lot of other Forums I belong to so I still won't be able to see whats posted while I'm work !

7. BleedingGums

BleedingGums New Member

With respect to old PCs, I am still running with a Socket A AMD Athlon and AGP graphics. I don't play games so it suits me just fine. I also clean install my OS about once a year which significantly helps keep the system running as best as can be expected.