August Pollmann mandoline guitar??

Discussion in 'Restoration & Repair' started by ericschaeferguitars, Oct 31, 2014.

1. ericschaeferguitars

ericschaeferguitars Member

I received 2 interesting restorations/repairs in my shop yesterday. The photos are attached. One is a bowlback mandolin with the neck severed. The other is an August Pollmann mandoline guitar. I am curious if anyone has any knowledge of August Pollmann and the vintage value of his instruments and any knowledge of mandoline guitars in general. I've never heard of any instruments of this kind. Are there other builders of "Mandoline Guitars?" There is a website (Home) but the links on the site don't seem to work. Other than that I can't find any information on mandoline guitars. hmm any thoughts? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. bozhidar

bozhidar New Member

I have an August Pollmann Royal Mandoline Guitar - made circa 1890ish. Mine was last serviced in St Joseph's, Michigan at Bagatini's Music, sometime in past 3 decades where the original tuners were replaced with Grover Deluxes.

It's in remarkably nice shape. Your celluloid badge looks amazing, mine is barely legible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the cruddy images, I'll take more if you'd like, in better conditions.