Amp ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 292fan, Feb 5, 2016.

1. 292fan

292fan New Member

Hi all, ever since I picked up my guitars 2 months ago, and started to learn how to play. my cousin has started looking, and found a half way decent strat copy to play with, late 80's early 90's lotus, it was in the attic of the house his brother just bought. and is now looking at amps. he found a couple that are around $25, little practice amps. and I can't find much info on either one of them, hoping somebody on here might be able to shine a little light on them. the one is a B.C.Rich bcl10 12 watt amp I've found some info on this one. and the other is a Drive cd 100, havn't been able to find squat on this one. he's a collage student and working on a very limited budget. I've already tried to persuade him to up his budget to $60 so he could at least try for a practice fender, or peavey but no go. again any info is greatly appreciated.

2. jkes01

jkes01 Active Member

3. 292fan

292fan New Member

Thanks for the info, I think I managed to talk him into spending the extra $25 to pick up a fender mustang 1 that I found on craigslist not far from him, I told him if he loses interest I would buy the amp off of him. Again thank you for the info, Bing wouldn't bring up anything on the drive cd100.

4. jkes01

jkes01 Active Member

Google is your friend. :)

5. 292fan

292fan New Member

Figured I would throw this here incase any body else is trying to find out about the b.c.rich, bcl10, my cousin bought the fender mustang, and I personally think it's a fantastic practice amp, he just got back from college tonight for break, and apparently the day he bought the fender he found $50 on the ground, so he also snagged.the b.c.rich for a whopping $15. I've got say it is a fun little amp to play with. It is definitely a cheap amp, but if it's all you can afford, it works surprisingly well. Its a tiny little amp, makes my peavy 158 look big by comparison. But is quite loud, it might be that he lucked out and got a good one. But the sound is incredibly clear. If you can't afford much, or just looking for an amp to mod,so far this seems like a lot bang for your buck.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016