A lot has happened during this past few days. Binding time: after trying to bend some cocobolo binding to fit the tight curve of the upper horn without much success I opted to simplify the approach and go for a tortoise plastic binding instead. A lot easier to work with and gives me pretty much the same look I was after. Today I would normally carve the top before cutting the binding channlel, for for this build the channel had been cut 5 years ago. I needed to sort the binding before attempting the work on the carve to minimize the risk of accidentally ruining the edges. First step with plastic binding is to pre-form it with the heat gun to reduce the spring-back effect when gluing. For the glue I simply used binding chips dissolved in acetone to a slightly thick density. Left to dry/evaporate the acetone overnight. With a razor blade, shaved the binding down to the top level, and the same on the sides. I found that this tortoise plastic behaves in a strange way: some small areas remained soft and spongy for much longer. Most of the binding was hard the morning after, but there were a few spots that were still soft two full days after. Eventually everything hardened, but it was an unexpected behaviour.