Awaiting a scratch plate bracket but otherwise done.
Almost forgot I had this thread going I've been so busy. Done a few coats now and a wetsand in between.
Been away on hol's but getting somewhere now. Took my new Festool ROS to it as the stain was just getting watered down and no longer coming off....
Glad you said that. I would of hated telling him it was a fake.
Having more luck with acetone now. Instead of buffing it of with a cloth and...
Ref the finish, I've tried some acetone on it and its removing what I guess is laquer but the colours remaining so I guess I'll be sanding it...
Thanks for the feed back Adam.
Striped all the parts off today for a better inspection more images Uploaded HERE
I have some doubts about it...
My uncle has requested I refinish his LP Special so it looks like a tele I've just made him. The tele was finished with tru-oil without grain...
No mate, no way around the tiles other than really clean joints. I was referring to the rosettes like in this post...
Great thread, just finished reading the lot. Really like the tile jig idea and cutter board for a mould, nice and stable.
Some thing you might...
Getting somewhere now
I was more thinking that the top contour should be looser and the lower one tighter, which appears to be more common on strat/super strat type or...
Made some progress on the carve design process using the afore mentioned approach.
Couple of issues so far.
Scott used reference...
"Great minds think alike"
Using Scott's template as you typed.
Taking step distances at cross section points and dividing each step distance by...
I think I'm happy enough with #8 so have moved on to trying to design a carve for the top.
Being crap at freehand and clueless about Cad etc I...
NO not these ones
I'm interested in people's opinions of what woods work well with walnut.
Very much a personal preference question...
Tinkering again. Reduced the length and altered the horns and heel.
Thanks for the feedback guys. I hope to tinker some more with it after the weekend and see how it goes.
4 alterations later, getting somewhere I think.
12 1/4" wide and waist adjusted. Still not quite happy with it.
Left is original
Just took a ruler to it and its 13" across the widest part of the lower bouts, so could lose 1/2" either side I guess. May try...
Tweaked it a bit today and I'm beginning to see it as fat. More work required I think, or maybe throw some bevels on a mock up and see how it...
Separate names with a comma.